Apr 19, 2013

Wanderlust Series :: Travelling from the tropics to freezing Europe (Points to note)

Recently I put together a few outfit posts for my trip to Europe. I under-estimated the weather because for the first time in FIFTY years (or so they say), the temperature dipped to freezer temperature in April - 0 degrees celcius or hovering ard a single digit in every country/city we went to. It was quite mad considering my parents were not used to the cold at all. But it was a nice trip and I wouldn't complain because it was snowing in Switzerland and it was just so beautiful. If we were to do it all over again, we would not go in between seasons since the weather gets increasingly unpredictable.

via
"There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing." ~ Alfred Wainwright Photo Seymour Sheer. There’s a Girl Under There, 1967.
Some lessons learnt (if you are unsure ....) :
  • Stick to trench coats. It is waterproof, stylish and versatile.
  • Ditch heavy, fashionable coats.
  • Bring gloves (I realised that once my hands were covered, I instantly felt warmer/cozier)
  • Bring an umbrella (I took a chance and it backfired)
  • Silk scarves are life-savers
  • Forget heat-packs/thermal wears (I didn't think they were necessary. The heat-packs bulked up my pockets)
  • Loved my new slightly wedged black leather boots.
  • Bring thicker strapped slim cross body bags. My thin strapped bulky bag almost gave way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like