Here are some of my favorite MUST haves (highlighted in the magazine) beyond fancy plates, glasses, utensils and napkins:
- Ice bucket that can double up as a vase;
- Extra seating;
- Art, lamps and rugs for creating an attractive background;
- Have more than one cake stands of varying sizes;
- Place settings (Wrapping papers can also be used as table runners for long tables);
- Centrepiece bowl for fruits or moss for decor;
- Small bowls for sauces, dips, dried fruit and nuts;
- Simple white and ivory candles in tealight, votive or pillar varieties (arrange them in mirrored serving trays and the effect will be divine);
- Organised linens and flatware;
- Glassware like clear wine glasses, water tumblers, brandy glasses.
- AND a supply of take-away containers.